11 arrested as stones fly in Manokwari protest
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
Police clashed with protestors after a rally held by the West Papua National Committee (KNPB) in Manokwari, West Papua, turned violent.
Papua Police Spokesman Adj. Sr. Comr. I Gede Sumerta said tension surfaced when protestors started to attack police officers, who were safeguarding the rally, by hurling stones.
The clash between both sides became unavoidable as officers fired into...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry