11 arrested as stones fly in Manokwari protest
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
Police clashed with protestors after a rally held by the West Papua National Committee (KNPB) in Manokwari, West Papua, turned violent.
Papua Police Spokesman Adj. Sr. Comr. I Gede Sumerta said tension surfaced when protestors started to attack police officers, who were safeguarding the rally, by hurling stones.
The clash between both sides became unavoidable as officers fired into...
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased
- Minister gives taxpayers another chance to declare hidden wealth