North Kalimantan becomes 34th province
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
The House of Representatives (DPR) and the government have officially endorsed the establishment of North Kalimantan as the nation’s 34th province.
The province will have Tanjung Selor as its capital and be comprised of several regencies carved out of East Kalimantan, including Bulungan, Nunukan, Malinau and Tana Tidung, as well as Tarakan municipality.
“These areas are rich in ...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews