North Kalimantan becomes 34th province
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
The House of Representatives (DPR) and the government have officially endorsed the establishment of North Kalimantan as the nation’s 34th province.
The province will have Tanjung Selor as its capital and be comprised of several regencies carved out of East Kalimantan, including Bulungan, Nunukan, Malinau and Tana Tidung, as well as Tarakan municipality.
“These areas are rich in ...
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Violence cases against women, children in Jambi increased: Official
- A L'Oreal heiress is now the world's richest woman
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan