Papua Police replace 23 regency chiefs
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The Papua Police have launched an overhaul of their institution in the provinces of Papua and West Papua by replacing 23 out of 29 police regency heads.
The major restructuring was conducted by Papua Police chief Insp. Gen. Tito Karnavian, who was installed as the new Papua Police chief, replacing Brig. Gen. Lumban Tobing at the National Police Headquarters in Jakarta on Sept. 21.
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2