Mt. Rokatenda spews ash, hundreds evacuated
The Jakarta Post
Mount Rokatenda in Sikka regency, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), continues to spout volcanic ash.
Residents living around the volcano have reportedly been evacuated to the shelter at Hewuli village administrative office in Alok Barat district.
The Sikka Disaster Management Agency (BPBD) reports that 196 residents living around Mount Rokatenda had fled to Maumere city.
The ash clo...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens