Mt. Rokatenda spews ash, hundreds evacuated
The Jakarta Post
Mount Rokatenda in Sikka regency, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), continues to spout volcanic ash.
Residents living around the volcano have reportedly been evacuated to the shelter at Hewuli village administrative office in Alok Barat district.
The Sikka Disaster Management Agency (BPBD) reports that 196 residents living around Mount Rokatenda had fled to Maumere city.
The ash clo...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business