Mt. Rokatenda spews ash, hundreds evacuated
The Jakarta Post
Mount Rokatenda in Sikka regency, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), continues to spout volcanic ash.
Residents living around the volcano have reportedly been evacuated to the shelter at Hewuli village administrative office in Alok Barat district.
The Sikka Disaster Management Agency (BPBD) reports that 196 residents living around Mount Rokatenda had fled to Maumere city.
The ash clo...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Dozens of Rohingya come ashore in Indonesia