Mt. Rokatenda spews ash, hundreds evacuated
The Jakarta Post
Mount Rokatenda in Sikka regency, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), continues to spout volcanic ash.
Residents living around the volcano have reportedly been evacuated to the shelter at Hewuli village administrative office in Alok Barat district.
The Sikka Disaster Management Agency (BPBD) reports that 196 residents living around Mount Rokatenda had fled to Maumere city.
The ash clo...
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year
- In one tweet, Kylie Jenner wiped out $1.3 billion of Snap’s market value