Kalla, Mahfud top LSI survey for 2014
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
Former vice president Jusuf Kalla and outgoing Constitutional Court chief justice Mahfud MD are the most popular candidates for the 2014 presidential election, a top polling body says.
In its latest opinion poll, the Indonesian Survey Institute (LSI) said that 79 percent of a total 223 respondents said that Kalla was the most capable presidential candidate, citing his reputation for risk-ta...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- French drug smuggler to arrive home after 18 years in Indonesian custody