Andi quits posts for SBY’s sake
The Jakarta Post
Less than 24 hours after he was named a graft suspect, Youth and Sports Minister Andi Mallarangeng tendered his resignation from his ministerial post on Friday to focus on his legal problems.
Speaking to the press after his meeting with President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono following his resignation, Andi said he didn’t want to become a liability to the Cabinet.
“After the KPK [Corr...
- Death toll in Marawi could rise 'significantly': Military
- Pay-as-you-wish museum trips offered to Idul Fitri holidaymakers
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- 152 sent home after undergoing deradicalization program
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- Police closely monitor Syria returnees after IS-linked attack in Medan
- Ragunan Zoo to monitor animals for stress
- 17 new routes opened at AP II airports so far this year
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta