RI needs no ‘strongman’
The Jakarta Post
A senior minister has stated that the country did not need a strongman president because such a person would tend to prioritize his own interests ahead of people’s needs.
Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Minister Djoko Suyanto added that a dominating leader would see his economic and political policies become isolated from the mainstream of public opinion.
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- KPK raids PLN president director's house in Jakarta