Mari Pangestu nominated to replace Lamy as WTO chief
The Jakarta Post
(JP/R. Berto Wedhatama)Indonesia has entered the race for the leadership of the World Trade Organization (WTO), nominating former trade minister Mari Elka Pangestu to succeed Pascal Lamy when he steps down in August 2013, bringing a second woman and a third continent into the contest.
Mari is the third candidate to be nominated in as many days, following Ghana’s Alan Kyerematen and Costa ...
- Indonesia prepares company to manage Freeport
- Freeport needs to stand up to Indonesia over the CoW issue
- Bandung terrorist suspect was 'recidivist': Police
- Rihanna is named Harvard University Humanitarian of the Year
- Indonesian woman shocked to find kidney had been removed after working in Qatar
- NGO urges King Salman not to forget his promises to crane victims
- Philippine militants release video of German's beheading
- Anies, Ahok to face off in second round: KPU Jakarta
- Ten truly remote places where your boss can’t track you down
- 12 petitions against election results filed