Mari Pangestu nominated to replace Lamy as WTO chief
The Jakarta Post
(JP/R. Berto Wedhatama)Indonesia has entered the race for the leadership of the World Trade Organization (WTO), nominating former trade minister Mari Elka Pangestu to succeed Pascal Lamy when he steps down in August 2013, bringing a second woman and a third continent into the contest.
Mari is the third candidate to be nominated in as many days, following Ghana’s Alan Kyerematen and Costa ...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Opposition questions Jokowi’s policy on foreign workers
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga