Govt told to stop female circumcision
The Jakarta Post
As the United Nations has adopted a resolution urging member states to ban female genital mutilation, the government has been told it has no choice but to revoke a Health Ministry regulation issued in 2010 that condones female circumcision.
National Commission on Violence against Women (Komnas Perempuan) deputy chairwoman Masruchah said that the 2010 ministerial regulation runs counter to t...
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth
- Quality of West Kalimantan airport questioned following ceiling collapse