Govt told to stop female circumcision
The Jakarta Post
As the United Nations has adopted a resolution urging member states to ban female genital mutilation, the government has been told it has no choice but to revoke a Health Ministry regulation issued in 2010 that condones female circumcision.
National Commission on Violence against Women (Komnas Perempuan) deputy chairwoman Masruchah said that the 2010 ministerial regulation runs counter to t...
- Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown
- Hizbut Tahrir may file lawsuit against disbandment: Police
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Ruling coalition upbeat about keeping presidential threshold
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Police declare tougher approach against foreign drug smugglers
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers