Govt told to stop female circumcision
The Jakarta Post
As the United Nations has adopted a resolution urging member states to ban female genital mutilation, the government has been told it has no choice but to revoke a Health Ministry regulation issued in 2010 that condones female circumcision.
National Commission on Violence against Women (Komnas Perempuan) deputy chairwoman Masruchah said that the 2010 ministerial regulation runs counter to t...
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Porsche Centre Jakarta: The best place to take care of your luxury cars
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- Catholic leader forgives attacker of Yogyakarta church
- Government to set new coal price formula next week