Govt told to stop female circumcision
The Jakarta Post
As the United Nations has adopted a resolution urging member states to ban female genital mutilation, the government has been told it has no choice but to revoke a Health Ministry regulation issued in 2010 that condones female circumcision.
National Commission on Violence against Women (Komnas Perempuan) deputy chairwoman Masruchah said that the 2010 ministerial regulation runs counter to t...
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Civilian appointed as temporary N. Sumatra governor