Beleaguered churches fear intimidation on Christmas
Novia D. Rulistia and Slamet Susanto
The Jakarta Post
The members of two besieged Christian congregations on Jakarta’s outskirts are worried that hard-line groups will not let them observe Christmas in their own churches.
Rev. Palti Panjaitan of the Filadelfia Batak Christian Protestant Church (HKBP) in Bekasi, West Java, said that his congregation was again banned on Sunday from holding services in their half-built church.
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- West Java residents return to their homes after deadly tremor
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- Rahul Gandhi extends family grip on India's Congress party