Beleaguered churches fear intimidation on Christmas
Novia D. Rulistia and Slamet Susanto
The Jakarta Post
The members of two besieged Christian congregations on Jakarta’s outskirts are worried that hard-line groups will not let them observe Christmas in their own churches.
Rev. Palti Panjaitan of the Filadelfia Batak Christian Protestant Church (HKBP) in Bekasi, West Java, said that his congregation was again banned on Sunday from holding services in their half-built church.
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Tech startup Koltiva expands assistance to coffee, oil palm farmers
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth