Terrorism likely behind avian flu outbreak: BIN chief
Bagus BT Saragih and Agnes Winarti
The Jakarta Post
(Antara)Fretting that terrorists might one day unleash bioweapons in Indonesia, the National Intelligence Agency (BIN) says it will monitor the recent outbreak of a new strain of avian influenza in Indonesia.
BIN chief Lt. Gen. Marciano Norman said on Thursday that the agency was on alert and would continue to monitor the spread of the new strain, identified as H5N1 clade 2.3.2, which has r...
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani
- Ahok credits Ciliwung River normalization project for reducing floods across Jakarta