Terrorism likely behind avian flu outbreak: BIN chief
Bagus BT Saragih and Agnes Winarti
The Jakarta Post
(Antara)Fretting that terrorists might one day unleash bioweapons in Indonesia, the National Intelligence Agency (BIN) says it will monitor the recent outbreak of a new strain of avian influenza in Indonesia.
BIN chief Lt. Gen. Marciano Norman said on Thursday that the agency was on alert and would continue to monitor the spread of the new strain, identified as H5N1 clade 2.3.2, which has r...
- Sandiaga vows to embrace Ahok supporters
- Man wearing condom found dead in hotel room
- Jokowi may reshuffle Cabinet: Researcher
- EDITORIAL: Transition in progress
- Retail brands from China defying stereotype to set up shop in Singapore
- France begins voting in presidential poll amid high security
- Ahok offered to assist in transition process: Anies
- Indonesia cements reserves, braces for Federal Reserve rate hike
- Indonesia does not need caliphate, MUI chief says amid social media frenzy
- Indonesian students win top honors at science competition in Germany