Terrorism likely behind avian flu outbreak: BIN chief
Bagus BT Saragih and Agnes Winarti
The Jakarta Post
(Antara)Fretting that terrorists might one day unleash bioweapons in Indonesia, the National Intelligence Agency (BIN) says it will monitor the recent outbreak of a new strain of avian influenza in Indonesia.
BIN chief Lt. Gen. Marciano Norman said on Thursday that the agency was on alert and would continue to monitor the spread of the new strain, identified as H5N1 clade 2.3.2, which has r...
- Muslims celebrate Islamic New Year to promote tolerance
- Schools facing closure after allowing students to take part in 'gladiator fight': Komnas Anak
- Auditor arrested for Harley Davidson gift
- Trump's threat akin to `sound of a dog barking': North Korea
- Police arrest two suspects allegedly involved in high school “gladiator” fight
- Indonesia’s U-16 inch closer to AFC berth after beating Thailand 1-0
- iOS 11 Control Center Wi-Fi, Bluetooth shortcuts may be security risk, say experts
- Indonesian FM Retno Marsudi receives UN Agent of Change award
- SOEs urged to accelerate development of Kuala Tanjung industrial park
- US threatens new sanction on North Korea