Terrorism likely behind avian flu outbreak: BIN chief
Bagus BT Saragih and Agnes Winarti
The Jakarta Post
(Antara)Fretting that terrorists might one day unleash bioweapons in Indonesia, the National Intelligence Agency (BIN) says it will monitor the recent outbreak of a new strain of avian influenza in Indonesia.
BIN chief Lt. Gen. Marciano Norman said on Thursday that the agency was on alert and would continue to monitor the spread of the new strain, identified as H5N1 clade 2.3.2, which has r...
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- US man stole thumb of Chinese terracotta warrior statue
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Tasting Bali-based Locavore’s award-winning cuisine in Jakarta
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- Emirates to launch new Dubai-Bali-Auckland service