Catholic schools in Blitar agree to provide Islamic lessons
The Jakarta Post
Six Catholic schools in Blitar municipality, East Java, have finally given in to a local ordinance and will provide Islamic lessons for their Muslim students.
The city ordinance requires all Muslim students to be able to read and write Koranic verses.
The head of the Religious Affairs Ministry’s office in Blitar, Imam Mukhlis, told The Jakarta Post on Wednesday that the six schools...
- Telkom to launch US$199.7m satellite in February
- Reports: Mark Zuckerberg to visit Indonesia to discuss fake news
- Nope, Lindsay Lohan didn’t convert to Islam
- Indonesia widens arms for refugees
- Zoo defends conditions following video of sun bears begging for food
- Indonesia to secure ownership of 111 islets
- Police investigate possible insult to state symbol during FPI rally
- FPI leader Rizieq Shihab to testify in Ahok’s hearing
- Harry Potter-themed café opens in Singapore
- Agus to prioritize dialogue in handling intolerant groups