Catholic schools in Blitar agree to provide Islamic lessons
The Jakarta Post
Six Catholic schools in Blitar municipality, East Java, have finally given in to a local ordinance and will provide Islamic lessons for their Muslim students.
The city ordinance requires all Muslim students to be able to read and write Koranic verses.
The head of the Religious Affairs Ministry’s office in Blitar, Imam Mukhlis, told The Jakarta Post on Wednesday that the six schools...
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey