Catholic schools in Blitar agree to provide Islamic lessons
The Jakarta Post
Six Catholic schools in Blitar municipality, East Java, have finally given in to a local ordinance and will provide Islamic lessons for their Muslim students.
The city ordinance requires all Muslim students to be able to read and write Koranic verses.
The head of the Religious Affairs Ministry’s office in Blitar, Imam Mukhlis, told The Jakarta Post on Wednesday that the six schools...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga