Catholic schools in Blitar agree to provide Islamic lessons
The Jakarta Post
Six Catholic schools in Blitar municipality, East Java, have finally given in to a local ordinance and will provide Islamic lessons for their Muslim students.
The city ordinance requires all Muslim students to be able to read and write Koranic verses.
The head of the Religious Affairs Ministry’s office in Blitar, Imam Mukhlis, told The Jakarta Post on Wednesday that the six schools...
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Bandung wants more than ceremonial switch-off
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death
- Turkey might hold referendum on EU membership: Erdogan
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout