Catholic schools in Blitar agree to provide Islamic lessons
The Jakarta Post
Six Catholic schools in Blitar municipality, East Java, have finally given in to a local ordinance and will provide Islamic lessons for their Muslim students.
The city ordinance requires all Muslim students to be able to read and write Koranic verses.
The head of the Religious Affairs Ministry’s office in Blitar, Imam Mukhlis, told The Jakarta Post on Wednesday that the six schools...
- 'Bottom up' campaigning failed Ahok, and it might fail Jokowi
- Anies, Sandiaga win in all Jakarta municipalities, regency
- Polygamy not part of Islamic teachings: Muslim clerics
- PSSI eyes SEA Games gold, 4th place in 2018 Asian Games
- Jakarta election result will not negatively affect investment climate: BKPM
- 3 Singaporean military personnel banned from entering Indonesia
- Indonesia climbs six spots in 2017 press freedom ranking
- Former BPKM chairman passes away
- China bans list of Islamic names in restive Xinjiang region
- Squatters resettle Pasar Ikan area in defiance of eviction