Catholic schools in Blitar agree to provide Islamic lessons
The Jakarta Post
Six Catholic schools in Blitar municipality, East Java, have finally given in to a local ordinance and will provide Islamic lessons for their Muslim students.
The city ordinance requires all Muslim students to be able to read and write Koranic verses.
The head of the Religious Affairs Ministry’s office in Blitar, Imam Mukhlis, told The Jakarta Post on Wednesday that the six schools...
- Minister Sri Mulyani warns Freeport not to stop production
- North Korean university seeks English teacher
- Tjahjo Kumolo remains firm on decision not to suspend Ahok
- Jokowi warns against 'excessive democracy'
- Foreign researchers ‘steal’ Indonesia's genetic resources
- French President, FM to visit Indonesia
- Saudi Arabia sees killed Densus 88 members as martyrs: Pramono
- Runoff campaign period set to start in early March
- Government signs guarantee agreement for Rp 37.2t toll road projects
- Ahok, Djarot told to take leave again for runoff campaign