Catholic schools in Blitar agree to provide Islamic lessons
The Jakarta Post
Six Catholic schools in Blitar municipality, East Java, have finally given in to a local ordinance and will provide Islamic lessons for their Muslim students.
The city ordinance requires all Muslim students to be able to read and write Koranic verses.
The head of the Religious Affairs Ministry’s office in Blitar, Imam Mukhlis, told The Jakarta Post on Wednesday that the six schools...
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- Myanmarese fugitive arrested for trafficking
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- Indonesian research productivity lacking: LIPI