Catholic schools in Blitar agree to provide Islamic lessons
The Jakarta Post
Six Catholic schools in Blitar municipality, East Java, have finally given in to a local ordinance and will provide Islamic lessons for their Muslim students.
The city ordinance requires all Muslim students to be able to read and write Koranic verses.
The head of the Religious Affairs Ministry’s office in Blitar, Imam Mukhlis, told The Jakarta Post on Wednesday that the six schools...
- Sandiaga Uno waiting for Ahok’s family’s permission to visit him
- North Sumatra police attacker spent six months in Syria: Police
- First female infantry captain marks change of the guard in London
- Clinton praises Aceh tsunami recovery efforts
- Over 8,000 migrants rescued in Med in 48 hours
- Telkomsel's data usage surges 136% during Lebaran
- Obama's vacation beneficial to Indonesia tourism: Minister
- Knife-carrying man nabbed for breaking into headquarters of Central Java Police
- Facebook to produce own TV series, games
- Jokowi donates staple food packages during hometown visit