Govt tightens up employment of foreign pilots
The Jakarta Post
In a bid to improve aviation safety in the country, the Transportation Ministry has recently issued a new regulation requiring domestic carriers to only hire foreign pilots with a minimum 250 hours of flying time.
Should a local airline wish to hire a pilot to fly an Airbus plane, he or she must have 250 flight hours on that type of plane.
Bambang S. Ervan, the ministry spokesman, sa...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Costly holiday
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official