Islands in focus: Toxic gas kills miner
The Jakarta Post
JAYAPURA: A worker for a contractor of copper and gold producer PT Freeport Indonesia (FI) died on Saturday after inhaling allegedly poisonous gas. Three others were treated at Tembagapura Hospital in Mimika.
“The accident took place underground at PT FI’s working area in Cross Cut 25 Amole,” Sr. Comr. I Gede Sumerta Jaya of Papua Provincial Police told The Jakarta Post on Sunday.
- Soekarno-Hatta Airport to implement cashless transactions for parking
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Violence cases against women, children in Jambi increased: Official
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan