Islands in focus: Toxic gas kills miner
The Jakarta Post
JAYAPURA: A worker for a contractor of copper and gold producer PT Freeport Indonesia (FI) died on Saturday after inhaling allegedly poisonous gas. Three others were treated at Tembagapura Hospital in Mimika.
“The accident took place underground at PT FI’s working area in Cross Cut 25 Amole,” Sr. Comr. I Gede Sumerta Jaya of Papua Provincial Police told The Jakarta Post on Sunday.
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- Victoria's Secret to charm China with fashion gala
- Public Works and Public Housing Ministry to develop four Priority Destinations