Islands in focus: Toxic gas kills miner
The Jakarta Post
JAYAPURA: A worker for a contractor of copper and gold producer PT Freeport Indonesia (FI) died on Saturday after inhaling allegedly poisonous gas. Three others were treated at Tembagapura Hospital in Mimika.
“The accident took place underground at PT FI’s working area in Cross Cut 25 Amole,” Sr. Comr. I Gede Sumerta Jaya of Papua Provincial Police told The Jakarta Post on Sunday.
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China