S. Sulawesi set for vote; Papua rules on ‘noken’
Andi Hajramurni and Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
As voters in South Sulawesi get ready to go to the polls on Tuesday to choose a governor, officials in Papua have ruled on using traditional noken bags to collect ballots.
Incumbent South Sulawesi Governor Syahrul Yasin Limpo and Deputy Governor Agus Arifin Nu’mang are seeking reelection and face competition from two other campaigns, Ilham Arief Sirajuddin and Abdul Abdul Aziz Qahhar Mudz...
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6
- New lava flow crosses onto Hawaii geothermal plant property
- Rainbow flags and high heels: S. Korea holds debut drag parade