S. Sulawesi set for vote; Papua rules on ‘noken’
Andi Hajramurni and Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
As voters in South Sulawesi get ready to go to the polls on Tuesday to choose a governor, officials in Papua have ruled on using traditional noken bags to collect ballots.
Incumbent South Sulawesi Governor Syahrul Yasin Limpo and Deputy Governor Agus Arifin Nu’mang are seeking reelection and face competition from two other campaigns, Ilham Arief Sirajuddin and Abdul Abdul Aziz Qahhar Mudz...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- When the devil cites the scripture...
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Danger of terrorist recidivism in prisons
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya