TNI, police join forces to deal with unrest
Ina Parlina and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
In what could be seen as a follow-up to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s new security regulation, the Indonesian Military (TNI) and the National Police struck a deal on Tuesday to allow for the military to play a greater role in dealing with communal conflicts.
The TNI and the police signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) that will allow the military to deploy its personnel to are...
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu