TNI, police join forces to deal with unrest
Ina Parlina and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
In what could be seen as a follow-up to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s new security regulation, the Indonesian Military (TNI) and the National Police struck a deal on Tuesday to allow for the military to play a greater role in dealing with communal conflicts.
The TNI and the police signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) that will allow the military to deploy its personnel to are...
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry