TNI, police join forces to deal with unrest
Ina Parlina and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
In what could be seen as a follow-up to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s new security regulation, the Indonesian Military (TNI) and the National Police struck a deal on Tuesday to allow for the military to play a greater role in dealing with communal conflicts.
The TNI and the police signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) that will allow the military to deploy its personnel to are...
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- Myanmarese fugitive arrested for trafficking
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- Indonesian research productivity lacking: LIPI