TNI, police join forces to deal with unrest
Ina Parlina and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
In what could be seen as a follow-up to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s new security regulation, the Indonesian Military (TNI) and the National Police struck a deal on Tuesday to allow for the military to play a greater role in dealing with communal conflicts.
The TNI and the police signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) that will allow the military to deploy its personnel to are...
- Ministry to scrap expiry date for SIUP, TDP
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- BNN shoots dead drug trafficker in Medan
- Madiun mayor charged with multiple counts of graft
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Rampant corruption in villages caused by incompetence: ICW
- Hizbut Tahrir rejects rules on Friday sermons
- Malaysia holds reconstruction of Kim Jong-nam murder
- Six inmates escape Abepura prison