900,000 workers to lose jobs
The Jakarta Post
Industry Minister MS Hidayat warned on Wednesday of massive layoffs in April if relevant authorities failed to postpone the recent rise in the minimum regional wage for labor-intensive industries.
Around 900,000 workers employed by at least 1,320 companies in the food and beverage, tobacco, textile, footwear and leather, toy and furniture sectors were set to lose their jobs, according to H...
- Merapi coffee shop draws tourists to Sleman
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Female baristas serve free coffee at Jakarta Kota Station