Disgraced Garut regent officially fired, may run again for office
The Jakarta Post
There was no fairy-tale ending to Aceng Fikri’s brief romance as he was officially dismissed from his post as Garut regent by presidential decree on Monday.
Deputy Regent Agus Hamdani is to take over as interim regent until early 2014.
The decree was handed to Aceng by West Java Governor Ahmad Heryawan at the Gedung Sate gubernatorial office in Bandung on Monday.
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- US, Japan assist South Korea on historic summits with North Korea