Disgraced Garut regent officially fired, may run again for office
The Jakarta Post
There was no fairy-tale ending to Aceng Fikri’s brief romance as he was officially dismissed from his post as Garut regent by presidential decree on Monday.
Deputy Regent Agus Hamdani is to take over as interim regent until early 2014.
The decree was handed to Aceng by West Java Governor Ahmad Heryawan at the Gedung Sate gubernatorial office in Bandung on Monday.
- BTS’ ‘DNA’ enters Billboard’s 100 Best Songs of 2017
- Indonesian court rejects petition to outlaw premarital, gay sex
- Bali still safe for tourists: Governor
- Court ruling on extramarital, gay sex draws mixed reactions from netizens
- Indonesia under threat of deviant sexual practices: IPB professor
- Quebec probes ban on women at construction sites near mosques
- Indonesia's asbestos 'time bomb'
- City council building façade bulges out causing closure of footpath
- Pertamina to upgrade 3 refineries for processing sour crude oil
- Contemporary Minang dance praised in Vienna