Disgraced Garut regent officially fired, may run again for office
The Jakarta Post
There was no fairy-tale ending to Aceng Fikri’s brief romance as he was officially dismissed from his post as Garut regent by presidential decree on Monday.
Deputy Regent Agus Hamdani is to take over as interim regent until early 2014.
The decree was handed to Aceng by West Java Governor Ahmad Heryawan at the Gedung Sate gubernatorial office in Bandung on Monday.
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- INSIGHT: Indonesia – a nation of three clichés
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Jokowi bestows honorary medals for distinguished services
- Israeli firm offers 'anti-terrorism' adventure to tourists
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Teater Koma stages latest play ‘Warisan’ in silence
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Thousands Islands to host Tidung Festival 2017