Disgraced Garut regent officially fired, may run again for office
The Jakarta Post
There was no fairy-tale ending to Aceng Fikri’s brief romance as he was officially dismissed from his post as Garut regent by presidential decree on Monday.
Deputy Regent Agus Hamdani is to take over as interim regent until early 2014.
The decree was handed to Aceng by West Java Governor Ahmad Heryawan at the Gedung Sate gubernatorial office in Bandung on Monday.
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- JFW 2018 to feature South Korean brands, singer
- Could Weinstein face trial? The mogul's legal woes
- Japan to hold ‘ninja certification’ test in Tokyo
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Setya dodges KPK summons yet again
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion