Secession and the limits of sovereignty
Unsurprisingly, many fingers have pointed to separatist rebels following the shootings that killed eight Indonesian soldiers and four civilians in remote areas of Papua last week.
To my understanding, such an allegation appears inescapable. This so-called “self-determination” movement has long been instigating hostile activity in the area with one unswerving aim: to secede from Indones...
- Riau tourism ambassadors to be crowned at Bujang Dara Riau 2017 pageant
- Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
- Susi reminds Central Java fishermen to stop using 'cantrang'
- Eliminating illegal parking at GBK needs PPKGBK approval
- Angelina Jolie's Cambodian genocide film deserves to be watched
- Ancol to go cashless
- Google executive downplays AI’s possible threat to mankind
- Central bank sets ceiling fee via newly issued e-money card regulation
- Muhammadiyah sends aid team for Rohingya
- Minister slams F&B firms for objecting to sugar auction plan