Secession and the limits of sovereignty
Unsurprisingly, many fingers have pointed to separatist rebels following the shootings that killed eight Indonesian soldiers and four civilians in remote areas of Papua last week.
To my understanding, such an allegation appears inescapable. This so-called “self-determination” movement has long been instigating hostile activity in the area with one unswerving aim: to secede from Indones...
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased
- Minister gives taxpayers another chance to declare hidden wealth