Secession and the limits of sovereignty
Unsurprisingly, many fingers have pointed to separatist rebels following the shootings that killed eight Indonesian soldiers and four civilians in remote areas of Papua last week.
To my understanding, such an allegation appears inescapable. This so-called “self-determination” movement has long been instigating hostile activity in the area with one unswerving aim: to secede from Indones...
- Chris Hemsworth is done with being Thor ‘contractually’ after fourth movie
- Indonesia to auction 43 oil and gas blocks by March
- Australian Open: Tantrums, trolls and temperature tumbles
- Prime Mum-ister: New Zealand PM says she's having a baby
- House to set up team to monitor rice import policy
- Here's what Celine Dion's Diamond ticket will give you
- Booby-trapped messaging apps used for spying: researchers
- 9 TED Talks to help you through your quarter-life crisis
- Government to slash subsidy for railway pioneer routes
- Indonesia, Bangladesh kick off pre-trade talks