Secession and the limits of sovereignty
Unsurprisingly, many fingers have pointed to separatist rebels following the shootings that killed eight Indonesian soldiers and four civilians in remote areas of Papua last week.
To my understanding, such an allegation appears inescapable. This so-called “self-determination” movement has long been instigating hostile activity in the area with one unswerving aim: to secede from Indones...
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2