Secession and the limits of sovereignty
Unsurprisingly, many fingers have pointed to separatist rebels following the shootings that killed eight Indonesian soldiers and four civilians in remote areas of Papua last week.
To my understanding, such an allegation appears inescapable. This so-called “self-determination” movement has long been instigating hostile activity in the area with one unswerving aim: to secede from Indones...
- Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Police declare tougher approach against foreign drug smugglers
- Hizbut Tahrir may file lawsuit against disbandment: Police
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers