Mudflow erupting after 7 years
Hans David Tampubolon
The Jakarta Post
Residents of Porong, Sidoarjo in East Java will never forget May 29, 2006. This was the date when a mudflow began to erupt in the area, forever changing their lives.
The eruption took place near a drilling site belonging to PT Lapindo Brantas. This triggered speculation that Lapindo might have been negligent during its drilling process.
Lapindo, however, cited a number of scientist...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden