Mudflow erupting after 7 years
Hans David Tampubolon
The Jakarta Post
Residents of Porong, Sidoarjo in East Java will never forget May 29, 2006. This was the date when a mudflow began to erupt in the area, forever changing their lives.
The eruption took place near a drilling site belonging to PT Lapindo Brantas. This triggered speculation that Lapindo might have been negligent during its drilling process.
Lapindo, however, cited a number of scientist...
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Government to crack down on fake supporters of Pancasila