Sticks and carrots in urban waste management in Indonesia
Jonatan A. Lassa
The Adipura Award has been used as sticks and carrots to encourage Indonesian cities and urban regions to be clean and green since 1986. It stopped for a few years after the fall of Soeharto in 1998 but was rejuvenated during Megawati’s presidency in 2002.
Every year, there is an Adipura contest among metropolitan cities, big cities, medium cities and small cities in Indonesia. Additiona...
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- House to hold confirmation hearings for new KPU, Bawaslu commissioners
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Sour note: Brexit forces orchestra move from UK to Belgium
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Chapecoense to finally play Atletico Nacional for title
- Death penalty meets fresh resistance
- Talks produce no progress in Scottish independence dispute
- Bekasi to have mental health rehabilitation center
- Gianopulos named new chairman of Paramount Pictures