Sticks and carrots in urban waste management in Indonesia
Jonatan A. Lassa
The Adipura Award has been used as sticks and carrots to encourage Indonesian cities and urban regions to be clean and green since 1986. It stopped for a few years after the fall of Soeharto in 1998 but was rejuvenated during Megawati’s presidency in 2002.
Every year, there is an Adipura contest among metropolitan cities, big cities, medium cities and small cities in Indonesia. Additiona...
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence
- Minister Susi to display 10 arrested foreign-flagged fishing vessels
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone