Papua’s forest under threat: Greenpeace
The Jakarta Post
When the government’s moratorium on deforestation expires on May 20, forest areas in Papua province will be in peril, activists say.
Kiki Taufik from Greenpeace Indonesia said that Ministerial Decree No. 458/2012 issued in August last year stipulated that around 800,000 hectares of forest in Papua, including protected forest would be converted into productive forest and other utilization...
- Indonesian education index lower than Philippines, Ethiopia
- KPK found $200,000 during Andi Narogong’s arrest
- Candidates rachet up tensions
- US military aircraft waiting for repair team: Commander
- Barus now symbol of ‘Islam Nusantara’
- Densus 88 searches house of suspected terrorist in Ciputat
- Bali to join Earth Hour
- Papuan separatists end resistance, pledge allegiance to NKRI
- Residents in eastern Depok to have new hospital
- Papua to get 5 percent, Luhut says on Freeport divestment