Papua’s forest under threat: Greenpeace
The Jakarta Post
When the government’s moratorium on deforestation expires on May 20, forest areas in Papua province will be in peril, activists say.
Kiki Taufik from Greenpeace Indonesia said that Ministerial Decree No. 458/2012 issued in August last year stipulated that around 800,000 hectares of forest in Papua, including protected forest would be converted into productive forest and other utilization...
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- International Al Azhar conference promotes moderate Islam, tolerance
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money