Papua’s forest under threat: Greenpeace
The Jakarta Post
When the government’s moratorium on deforestation expires on May 20, forest areas in Papua province will be in peril, activists say.
Kiki Taufik from Greenpeace Indonesia said that Ministerial Decree No. 458/2012 issued in August last year stipulated that around 800,000 hectares of forest in Papua, including protected forest would be converted into productive forest and other utilization...
- Obama's vacation beneficial to Indonesia tourism: Minister
- Obama set to visit Yogyakarta
- US military vessels entered RI waters: Indonesian Navy
- Knife-carrying man nabbed for breaking into headquarters of Central Java Police
- Government resolved to further slash dwell times this year
- North Sumatra police attacker spent six months in Syria: Police
- Greenland now a major driver of rising seas: study
- Interfaith forum condemns terror attack in North Sumatra
- Jokowi donates staple food packages during hometown visit
- Brazil's president counterattacks after graft charge