Papua’s forest under threat: Greenpeace
The Jakarta Post
When the government’s moratorium on deforestation expires on May 20, forest areas in Papua province will be in peril, activists say.
Kiki Taufik from Greenpeace Indonesia said that Ministerial Decree No. 458/2012 issued in August last year stipulated that around 800,000 hectares of forest in Papua, including protected forest would be converted into productive forest and other utilization...
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- 'Wiro Sableng 212' strives to define Indonesian films
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- Prison expansion sought to solve overcrowding problem
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival
- Four university staff, students suspected as HTI supporters