Taming separatists by giving away projects
Rendi A. Witular
The Jakarta Post
The stakes are high when it comes to infrastructure development work in Papua.
Aside from the pervasive threat of malaria, construction workers deployed in remote areas also put their lives on the line amid the constant threat from Free Papua Movement (OPM) separatists.
In 2010, three workers from the private construction company PT Modern were shot and killed while eight others we...
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased
- Minister gives taxpayers another chance to declare hidden wealth