TNI starts joint military exercise
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian Military (TNI) commander Adm. Agus Suhartono announced the start of a 2013 joint military exercise on Monday, involving 16,745 soldiers in four different locations from April 15 to May 20.
Agus said the purpose of the joint exercise was to 'measure and test the [military's] drills and to ready the TNI joint command chain in preventing, deterring and facing any threats throughout the archipelago.' Antara news agency reported.
'The exercise is also aimed at improving the professionalism of soldiers in carrying out joint military operations,' he added.
Drills to be conducted include air support and reconnaissance, tactical intelligence, special forces operations, joint naval and land operations, as well as air base takeovers (OP3U), amphibious and territorial operations.
Military spokesman Col. Minulyo Suprapto said the exercise would be conducted at Halim Perdanakusuma air force base, Asem Bagus field in East Java, Bima in West Nusa Tenggara and Sangatta in East Kalimantan.
The exercise will involve Scorpio tanks, Sukhoi-27/30 and C-130 Hercules. (asw/dic)
You might also like :
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash