TNI starts joint military exercise
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian Military (TNI) commander Adm. Agus Suhartono announced the start of a 2013 joint military exercise on Monday, involving 16,745 soldiers in four different locations from April 15 to May 20.
Agus said the purpose of the joint exercise was to 'measure and test the [military's] drills and to ready the TNI joint command chain in preventing, deterring and facing any threats throughout the archipelago.' Antara news agency reported.
'The exercise is also aimed at improving the professionalism of soldiers in carrying out joint military operations,' he added.
Drills to be conducted include air support and reconnaissance, tactical intelligence, special forces operations, joint naval and land operations, as well as air base takeovers (OP3U), amphibious and territorial operations.
Military spokesman Col. Minulyo Suprapto said the exercise would be conducted at Halim Perdanakusuma air force base, Asem Bagus field in East Java, Bima in West Nusa Tenggara and Sangatta in East Kalimantan.
The exercise will involve Scorpio tanks, Sukhoi-27/30 and C-130 Hercules. (asw/dic)
You might also like :
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Violent deaths overshadow Nicaragua crisis talks
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Police end probe into blasphemy allegations against Sukmawati
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Chinese restaurant goes bankrupt after all-you-can-eat promo
- Mother's coffin falls on pallbearers, kills son in South Sulawesi funeral
- Trump threatened to send 25 million Mexicans to Japan: report
- Khong Guan cookie tin family mystery gets new explanation this Idul Fitri
- Greece, Macedonia sign historic deal to end name row