TNI starts joint military exercise
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian Military (TNI) commander Adm. Agus Suhartono announced the start of a 2013 joint military exercise on Monday, involving 16,745 soldiers in four different locations from April 15 to May 20.
Agus said the purpose of the joint exercise was to 'measure and test the [military's] drills and to ready the TNI joint command chain in preventing, deterring and facing any threats throughout the archipelago.' Antara news agency reported.
'The exercise is also aimed at improving the professionalism of soldiers in carrying out joint military operations,' he added.
Drills to be conducted include air support and reconnaissance, tactical intelligence, special forces operations, joint naval and land operations, as well as air base takeovers (OP3U), amphibious and territorial operations.
Military spokesman Col. Minulyo Suprapto said the exercise would be conducted at Halim Perdanakusuma air force base, Asem Bagus field in East Java, Bima in West Nusa Tenggara and Sangatta in East Kalimantan.
The exercise will involve Scorpio tanks, Sukhoi-27/30 and C-130 Hercules. (asw/dic)
- Jokowi treason arrests questioned
- Taeyeon and Wiz Khalifa tussle over MAMA performance
- RCEP negotiators pick up pace amid TPP's imminent collapse
- Slow economic growth predicted in 2017: Economists
- N. Jakarta district court chief to lead Ahok's blasphemy trial
- Car Free Day initiator wants ‘Kita Indonesia’ organizer to apologize
- Ahok blasphemy trial to start Thursday
- Papua to see air navigation system upgrades to prevent more crashes
- Pilot of crashed plane promised to go home to East Nusa Tenggara for Christmas
- KPK signs agreement with police, AGO to ease monitoring of graft cases