PDI-P patron Taufiq Kiemas dies
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle Party (PDI-P)
patron and People's Consultative Assembly (MPR) Speaker Taufiq Kiemas
died at a hospital in Singapore
on Saturday evening, according to message on the official PDI-P Twitter account.
The message was from House of Representatives Deputy Speaker Pramono Anung, who accompanied Taufiq in Singapore, along with PDI-P chairwoman and Taufiq's wife Megawati Soekarnoputri and Puan Maharani, kompas.com reported on Saturday.
PDI-P secretary-general Tjahjo Kumolo said Taufiq's remains would be brought to Jakarta from Singapore on Sunday through Halim Perdanakusma Airport. He added that the remains would be buried at Kalibata Heroes Cemetery.
Taufiq was hospitalized after he felt sick when accompanying Vice President Boediono in observing the Pancasila anniversary on June 1 in East Nusa Tenggara.
A former student activist, Taufiq was Megawati's third husband. Puan Maharani is the only child from Taufiq's marriage to Megawati.
was among those eager to promote Pancasila as one of the four state
pillars. He often said Indonesia
required a firm basis - the four state pillars ' in order to be able to achieve
The three other state pillars are the national motto Bhinneka Tunggal Ika (Unity in Diversity), the 1945 Constitution and the concept of the unitary state of the Republic of Indonesia. (hrl/dic)
You might also like :
- 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle': Star-studded cast, bigger action
- Official turns mute about flourishing prostitution in his area
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- High alert: Mt. Agung eruption imminent
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- Addressing challenges of VAT collection in digital economy