Govt finally announces new fuel prices
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Jero Wacik officially announced that the new fuel prices would take effect on Saturday.
'The new price for Premium fuel is Rp 6,500 (66 US cents) per liter, up from Rp 4,500, and Solar diesel will cost Rp 5,500 per liter, also up from Rp 4,500 per liter,' Jero said in a press statement aired by
Metro TV on Friday night.
The announcement came four days after the House of Representatives passed the draft bill of the 2013 revised state budget into law in a plenary session in Jakarta on Monday, in which the government had
stated its fuel-price increase proposal.
Coordinating Economic Minister Hatta Rajasa, who attended the press conference, said the plan to raise fuel prices was meant to save the country's economy.
Following the new policy, as much as Rp 9.3 trillion will be allocated for temporary direct cash assistance (BLSM), which will entail payments of Rp 150,000 per month being distributed to 15.5 million low-income households in Indonesia for four months. (hrl/dic)
You might also like :
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income