Govt finally announces new fuel prices
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Jero Wacik officially announced that the new fuel prices would take effect on Saturday.
'The new price for Premium fuel is Rp 6,500 (66 US cents) per liter, up from Rp 4,500, and Solar diesel will cost Rp 5,500 per liter, also up from Rp 4,500 per liter,' Jero said in a press statement aired by
Metro TV on Friday night.
The announcement came four days after the House of Representatives passed the draft bill of the 2013 revised state budget into law in a plenary session in Jakarta on Monday, in which the government had
stated its fuel-price increase proposal.
Coordinating Economic Minister Hatta Rajasa, who attended the press conference, said the plan to raise fuel prices was meant to save the country's economy.
Following the new policy, as much as Rp 9.3 trillion will be allocated for temporary direct cash assistance (BLSM), which will entail payments of Rp 150,000 per month being distributed to 15.5 million low-income households in Indonesia for four months. (hrl/dic)
You might also like :
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Indonesia ranks 7th in travel freedom among Southeast Asian countries
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death