NTB police await autopsy on Swiss tourist
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) Police are still waiting for family approval to carry out an autopsy on the body of a Swiss tourist before conducting a thorough investigation into his death.
On June 19, the 52-year-old man, identified only as Ivo, was found lying unconscious on Kuta Beach in Central Lombok.
He died a few hours later after being treated at a community health center in Kuta. "The body is currently at the Bhayangkara Hospital. We have contacted the Swiss embassy so they can immediately contact the family for autopsy approval," said NTB Police spokesman Adj. Sr. Comr. Sukarman Husen on Monday in Mataram.
"When local residents found him [Ivo], his body was bruised. We cannot tell what caused the bruises before conducting an autopsy," he said, adding that the police had questioned five witnesses.
According to the witnesses, Ivo had been staying at the Dinda Hotel since June 16. The night before the incident, Ivo was seen drinking at a cafÃ© in Kuta.
You might also like :
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed
- People with disabilities want quota of legislative candidates
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- Disney develops room that can charge devices
- Wanted ex-legislator in Depok arrested for drug possession
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Organizer says it has secured 11 major sponsorships for Asian Games