Police halts regent's campaign violation case
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Depok Police officially stopped on Wednesday a campaign violation case, which allegedly involved Bogor Regent Rachmat Yasin.
At an event at Bilabong square in Bojonggede, Bogor, chief investigator Comr. Ronald Purba said that there was no evidence that supported the allegation that the regent had become a campaigner for West Java gubernatorial candidate Ahmad Heryawan and running mate Deddy Mizwar.
"There is video footage we can use as evidence of the regent's active participation in the campaign. However, there is no proof that he was there with an entourage of administration staff as well as carrying or wearing campaign attributes during the event," he told reporters.
The area where the campaign event was held is within the jurisdiction of the Depok Police. The pair, backed by the coalition of Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) and the United Development Party (PPP) won the election and the defeated parties reported the case to the police. The police named Rachmat, head of West Java's branch of PPP, a suspect for campaign violations in March 13.
- Jokowi treason arrests questioned
- Taeyeon and Wiz Khalifa tussle over MAMA performance
- RCEP negotiators pick up pace amid TPP's imminent collapse
- Slow economic growth predicted in 2017: Economists
- N. Jakarta district court chief to lead Ahok's blasphemy trial
- Car Free Day initiator wants ‘Kita Indonesia’ organizer to apologize
- Ahok blasphemy trial to start Thursday
- Pilot of crashed plane promised to go home to East Nusa Tenggara for Christmas
- KPK signs agreement with police, AGO to ease monitoring of graft cases
- Papua to see air navigation system upgrades to prevent more crashes