Police halts regent's campaign violation case
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Depok Police officially stopped on Wednesday a campaign violation case, which allegedly involved Bogor Regent Rachmat Yasin.
At an event at Bilabong square in Bojonggede, Bogor, chief investigator Comr. Ronald Purba said that there was no evidence that supported the allegation that the regent had become a campaigner for West Java gubernatorial candidate Ahmad Heryawan and running mate Deddy Mizwar.
"There is video footage we can use as evidence of the regent's active participation in the campaign. However, there is no proof that he was there with an entourage of administration staff as well as carrying or wearing campaign attributes during the event," he told reporters.
The area where the campaign event was held is within the jurisdiction of the Depok Police. The pair, backed by the coalition of Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) and the United Development Party (PPP) won the election and the defeated parties reported the case to the police. The police named Rachmat, head of West Java's branch of PPP, a suspect for campaign violations in March 13.
You might also like :
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash