Police halts regent's campaign violation case
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Depok Police officially stopped on Wednesday a campaign violation case, which allegedly involved Bogor Regent Rachmat Yasin.
At an event at Bilabong square in Bojonggede, Bogor, chief investigator Comr. Ronald Purba said that there was no evidence that supported the allegation that the regent had become a campaigner for West Java gubernatorial candidate Ahmad Heryawan and running mate Deddy Mizwar.
"There is video footage we can use as evidence of the regent's active participation in the campaign. However, there is no proof that he was there with an entourage of administration staff as well as carrying or wearing campaign attributes during the event," he told reporters.
The area where the campaign event was held is within the jurisdiction of the Depok Police. The pair, backed by the coalition of Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) and the United Development Party (PPP) won the election and the defeated parties reported the case to the police. The police named Rachmat, head of West Java's branch of PPP, a suspect for campaign violations in March 13.
You might also like :
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- One killed, six injured in Bali boat collision
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Jokowi to inaugurate center of Islam of the Archipelago
- Divers clean up Bali reefs