Arsenal defeats Indonesia Dream Team 7-0
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Arsenal enjoyed the perfect start to its first leg of the Asia Tour 2013 as it has defeated the Indonesia Dream Team 7-0 in a friendly match, on Sunday evening.
The English Premier League club seized control early at the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium as Serge Gnabry almost tallied a goal at the 18th minute.
With goalkeeper Kurnia Mega waiting in the net for the host team, it was first difficult for the Gunners to break the Dream Team's defence until Theo Walcott netted a goal in the 19th minute after Alex Oxlade Chamberlain passed the ball to him.
Arsenal kept its intense pressure in the second half when Chuba Akpom scored the second goal in the 54th minute, followed by Olivier Giroud who netted two goals in the 71st and 73rd.
The goalkeeper Kurnia Mega seemed to be the Dream Team's one most important player during the match. The team's weak defense allowed Arsenal's unstoppable drives into Kurnia's net.
Lucas Podolski netted the fifth goal in the 83th minute, followed by Kristoffer Olsson and Thomas Eisfeld in the 85th and 87th respectively.
Podolski said he was very happy to have the friendly-match against the Indonesia Dream Team. 'I love Indonesian fans. They are amazing,' he said in an interview after the match aired by RCTI, on Sunday evening.
After Indonesia, the Gunners, coached by ArsÃ¨ne Wenger, will play friendly-games against Vietnam and Japan in its Asia Tour. (fan/ebf)
You might also like :
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Indika completes acquisition of Kideco
- Israel minister calls for boycott of Arab area after riot