900 Myanmar athletes join 2013 SEA Games
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Over 900 athletes are going to participate in the 27 SEA Games 2013, which will be held in Myanmar.
The SEA Games will be held from Dec. 11 to 22, 2013 in Naypyitaw, Yangon, Mandalay and Ngwe Saung Beach. Altogether 11 countries from the Southeast Asian Regions are going to take part in the competition.
'Over 900 athletes from Myanmar are going to participate in that game. Among the participating nations, Myanmar will be the largest number. Indonesia will come second in number,' said an official from the Myanmar Olympic Committee.
In the last SEA Games, Myanmar has participated with 477 athletes and won 16 Gold Medals altogether 80 medals. Myanmar stood 7th in the SEA Games. In that SEA Games, Indonesia has participated with 1059 athletes and won 182 Gold Medals. Their standing order is No.1.
In the previous SEA Games, 44 kinds of sports events were included while this 2013, 33 kinds of sports events will be put in the list. A total of 545 Gold Medals were awarded in the previous SEA Games but now 460 Gold Medals will be awarded.
- Bandung Mayor Ridwan Kamil apologizes for Christmas service raid
- Indonesian Military deploys personnel for Aceh quake relief
- Protest persecution of Rohingyas, not just Ahok: Malaysian PM
- Sari Roti stock down amid boycott campaign
- Indonesia advances to AFF Cup finals
- FPI won't gain popularity from recent anti-Ahok rallies, expert says
- Experiencing the beauty of the Balkans in Bulgaria
- Jokowi orders all-out rescue effort as Aceh quake death toll rises
- Indonesia’s ‘Single’s Day’ set to delight e-shoppers
- Strong earthquake destroys buildings in Aceh