900 Myanmar athletes join 2013 SEA Games
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Over 900 athletes are going to participate in the 27 SEA Games 2013, which will be held in Myanmar.
The SEA Games will be held from Dec. 11 to 22, 2013 in Naypyitaw, Yangon, Mandalay and Ngwe Saung Beach. Altogether 11 countries from the Southeast Asian Regions are going to take part in the competition.
'Over 900 athletes from Myanmar are going to participate in that game. Among the participating nations, Myanmar will be the largest number. Indonesia will come second in number,' said an official from the Myanmar Olympic Committee.
In the last SEA Games, Myanmar has participated with 477 athletes and won 16 Gold Medals altogether 80 medals. Myanmar stood 7th in the SEA Games. In that SEA Games, Indonesia has participated with 1059 athletes and won 182 Gold Medals. Their standing order is No.1.
In the previous SEA Games, 44 kinds of sports events were included while this 2013, 33 kinds of sports events will be put in the list. A total of 545 Gold Medals were awarded in the previous SEA Games but now 460 Gold Medals will be awarded.
You might also like :
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- How to get discounted airline tickets outside of travel fairs
- Flights, sea voyages safe despite Anak Krakatau eruption: Official
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- 10 best cities to study abroad
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens