Second student accuses noted poet of sexual harrasment
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Another young woman has decided to break her silence, alleging that she was also a victim of sexual harassment at the hands of well-known poet Sitok Srengenge.
She is the second student to go public with allegations of sexual harassment by poet. Previously, a University of Indonesia (UI) student filed a police report alleging Sitok had sexually harassed her.
'The latest victim told me that Sitok used the same tactics to lure her into a sexual act. Sitok invited her to his room for an art project but then gave her alcoholic drinks and started touching her,' Saras Dewi, a UI lecturer and counselor to the first girl, told The Jakarta Post on Tuesday.
'The student resisted Sitok's advance and, fortunately, managed to escape being raped,' she added.
Saras added that despite the fact that she had avoided being raped, the young woman was suffering from depression and had become withdrawn due to the trauma she had suffered during the incident.
The first alleged victim reported Sitok to the police on Friday for rape. The 48-year-old Sitok reportedly gave the 21-year-old student alcohol and intimidated her into having sex with him, which resulted in her becoming pregnant.
Sitok, a famous poet in the Salihara art community said, according to a statement cited by tempo.co, that the sexual intercourse was consensual. (hdt)
You might also like :
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Depok aims to certify 500 land plots