Second student accuses noted poet of sexual harrasment
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Another young woman has decided to break her silence, alleging that she was also a victim of sexual harassment at the hands of well-known poet Sitok Srengenge.
She is the second student to go public with allegations of sexual harassment by poet. Previously, a University of Indonesia (UI) student filed a police report alleging Sitok had sexually harassed her.
'The latest victim told me that Sitok used the same tactics to lure her into a sexual act. Sitok invited her to his room for an art project but then gave her alcoholic drinks and started touching her,' Saras Dewi, a UI lecturer and counselor to the first girl, told The Jakarta Post on Tuesday.
'The student resisted Sitok's advance and, fortunately, managed to escape being raped,' she added.
Saras added that despite the fact that she had avoided being raped, the young woman was suffering from depression and had become withdrawn due to the trauma she had suffered during the incident.
The first alleged victim reported Sitok to the police on Friday for rape. The 48-year-old Sitok reportedly gave the 21-year-old student alcohol and intimidated her into having sex with him, which resulted in her becoming pregnant.
Sitok, a famous poet in the Salihara art community said, according to a statement cited by tempo.co, that the sexual intercourse was consensual. (hdt)
You might also like :
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- KPK gets new information on flow of funds in e-ID graft
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- At least 13 dead and 50 injured in Barcelona van attack