Sea Games: Karate team four medals behind their target
The Jakarta Post
The Indonesian karate team is falling behind its own target, grabbing only two golds from the targeted six on the second day of competition at the Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in Naypyitaw, Myanmar on Saturday.
Jintar Simanjuntak who competed in the kumite -60kilogram event snatched a second gold medal in karate after beating Malaysia's Sharmemdran Raghonathan. Donny Dharmawan grabbed silver in the same event and Cristo Mondoulu from men's individual kumite -75kg, while Indah Mogja Angkat got the bronze from the women's individual kumite -68kg.
The karate team, however, still has the opportunity to add to their medal collection as there are four more gold medals up for grabs on the last day of the competition on Sunday.(dic)
- Protesters put pressure on Metro TV, Kompas TV over ‘biased reporting’
- Islamic religious texts must be read in context to understand blasphemy
- 8 arrested on treason charges ahead of rally
- LIVE REPORT: Anti-Ahok rally
- Hard for Ahok to bounce back: Expert
- N. Sumatra governor fires official after intimidation from angry anti-Ahok crowd
- Thousands of worshipers flock to Monas for anti-Ahok gathering
- Singer Ahmad Dhani, activists declared treason suspects
- C.Java protesters demand Ahok’s immediate incarceration
- Police satisfied with peaceful anti-Ahok rally