Sea Games: Karate team four medals behind their target
The Jakarta Post
The Indonesian karate team is falling behind its own target, grabbing only two golds from the targeted six on the second day of competition at the Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in Naypyitaw, Myanmar on Saturday.
Jintar Simanjuntak who competed in the kumite -60kilogram event snatched a second gold medal in karate after beating Malaysia's Sharmemdran Raghonathan. Donny Dharmawan grabbed silver in the same event and Cristo Mondoulu from men's individual kumite -75kg, while Indah Mogja Angkat got the bronze from the women's individual kumite -68kg.
The karate team, however, still has the opportunity to add to their medal collection as there are four more gold medals up for grabs on the last day of the competition on Sunday.(dic)
You might also like :
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash