Sea Games: Karate team four medals behind their target
The Jakarta Post
The Indonesian karate team is falling behind its own target, grabbing only two golds from the targeted six on the second day of competition at the Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in Naypyitaw, Myanmar on Saturday.
Jintar Simanjuntak who competed in the kumite -60kilogram event snatched a second gold medal in karate after beating Malaysia's Sharmemdran Raghonathan. Donny Dharmawan grabbed silver in the same event and Cristo Mondoulu from men's individual kumite -75kg, while Indah Mogja Angkat got the bronze from the women's individual kumite -68kg.
The karate team, however, still has the opportunity to add to their medal collection as there are four more gold medals up for grabs on the last day of the competition on Sunday.(dic)
You might also like :
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Violent deaths overshadow Nicaragua crisis talks
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Police end probe into blasphemy allegations against Sukmawati
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Chinese restaurant goes bankrupt after all-you-can-eat promo
- Mother's coffin falls on pallbearers, kills son in South Sulawesi funeral
- Trump threatened to send 25 million Mexicans to Japan: report
- Khong Guan cookie tin family mystery gets new explanation this Idul Fitri
- Greece, Macedonia sign historic deal to end name row