Sea Games: Karate team four medals behind their target
The Jakarta Post
The Indonesian karate team is falling behind its own target, grabbing only two golds from the targeted six on the second day of competition at the Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in Naypyitaw, Myanmar on Saturday.
Jintar Simanjuntak who competed in the kumite -60kilogram event snatched a second gold medal in karate after beating Malaysia's Sharmemdran Raghonathan. Donny Dharmawan grabbed silver in the same event and Cristo Mondoulu from men's individual kumite -75kg, while Indah Mogja Angkat got the bronze from the women's individual kumite -68kg.
The karate team, however, still has the opportunity to add to their medal collection as there are four more gold medals up for grabs on the last day of the competition on Sunday.(dic)
You might also like :
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga