Sea Games: Karate team four medals behind their target
The Jakarta Post
The Indonesian karate team is falling behind its own target, grabbing only two golds from the targeted six on the second day of competition at the Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in Naypyitaw, Myanmar on Saturday.
Jintar Simanjuntak who competed in the kumite -60kilogram event snatched a second gold medal in karate after beating Malaysia's Sharmemdran Raghonathan. Donny Dharmawan grabbed silver in the same event and Cristo Mondoulu from men's individual kumite -75kg, while Indah Mogja Angkat got the bronze from the women's individual kumite -68kg.
The karate team, however, still has the opportunity to add to their medal collection as there are four more gold medals up for grabs on the last day of the competition on Sunday.(dic)
You might also like :
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Danny McBride to play Crocodile Dundee's son in new movie