Sea Games: Karate team four medals behind their target
The Jakarta Post
The Indonesian karate team is falling behind its own target, grabbing only two golds from the targeted six on the second day of competition at the Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in Naypyitaw, Myanmar on Saturday.
Jintar Simanjuntak who competed in the kumite -60kilogram event snatched a second gold medal in karate after beating Malaysia's Sharmemdran Raghonathan. Donny Dharmawan grabbed silver in the same event and Cristo Mondoulu from men's individual kumite -75kg, while Indah Mogja Angkat got the bronze from the women's individual kumite -68kg.
The karate team, however, still has the opportunity to add to their medal collection as there are four more gold medals up for grabs on the last day of the competition on Sunday.(dic)
You might also like :
- Locals traumatized after farmer eaten by snake
- Riau Police dispatch personnel to secure 313 rally
- Apple’s first R&D center to operate in second quarter
- NU, Muhammadiyah call on members to avoid 313 rally
- Thousands to hit capital for anti-Ahok rally on Friday
- KPU Jakarta head denies special relationship with Anies
- Woman tries to bring bayonet into courtroom for Ahok trial
- Indonesia-European trade talks on track; to conclude this year
- Jokowi and Hollande did not discuss death penalty: Foreign Minister
- Money, personal grudge thought to be behind murder of Medan journalist