Sea Games: Karate team four medals behind their target
The Jakarta Post
The Indonesian karate team is falling behind its own target, grabbing only two golds from the targeted six on the second day of competition at the Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in Naypyitaw, Myanmar on Saturday.
Jintar Simanjuntak who competed in the kumite -60kilogram event snatched a second gold medal in karate after beating Malaysia's Sharmemdran Raghonathan. Donny Dharmawan grabbed silver in the same event and Cristo Mondoulu from men's individual kumite -75kg, while Indah Mogja Angkat got the bronze from the women's individual kumite -68kg.
The karate team, however, still has the opportunity to add to their medal collection as there are four more gold medals up for grabs on the last day of the competition on Sunday.(dic)
You might also like :
- Ahok withdraws appeal
- Vietnamese, Indonesian patrol boats square off in Natuna waters
- Jokowi bestows highest medal to Swedish king
- Police lambasted for treatment of men arrested at alleged sex party
- Jokowi, Kalla are fine, says Luhut
- Indonesian CEOs seek balanced life for family, careers
- J-pop star Ayumi Hamasaki is going completely deaf
- EDITORIAL: Violent rhetoric's slippery slope
- President must thwart public caning of two men convicted of sodomy : HRW
- Government needs to focus on Inflation control: Bank Indonesia