TNI chief gets doctoral degree
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian Military (TNI) commander Gen. Moeldoko has received a doctoral degree from the University of Indonesia (UI), for his dissertation on policies in border areas.
He was bestowed with the degree after defending his dissertation titled 'Policy and Planning Scenario of Border Areas in Indonesia (Study of Land Borders in Kalimantan)' in front of a panel of lecturers. Arie Setiabudi Soesilo, who headed the panel, said that Moeldoko's thesis was deemed satisfactory.
'Actually, Gen. Moeldoko could have attained cum laude, but the regulations at UI are pretty strict, and thus [one could only get] cum laude [if he or she finished his or her thesis] in a maximum time of three years. But we understand the busy schedule of a military commander,' he said after the thesis presentation at the Juwono Sudarsono auditorium at the UI in Depok, West Java.
Moeldoko was recently criticized for saying that he 'understood' the Australian government's decision to turn back to Indonesian waters a boat of undocumented boat people attempting to reach its shores.
Critics said that Australia might have breached Indonesia's territorial sovereignty by towing turning the boats back to Indonesia.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says