Rescue workers still looking for missing Finn diver
The Jakarta Post
Rescue workers managed to find one of two Finn divers who reportedly went missing on Sunday in Gili Trawangan, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB).
The divers have been identified as 33-year-old Ingerman Kangsep and 34-year-old Kalle Johane Rasman.
'It was reported that two tourists from Finland had drowned. Kalle has been found,' head of operations at NTB Search and Rescue Agency, Wahyu Effendi, told The Jakarta Post on Tuesday.
'Our team, along with NTB Water Police and the Navy are still working to find the other victim.'
Kangsep and Rasman were traveling to Gili Tawangan with their girlfriends, said Wahyu. The four Finn tourists rented on Sunday afternoon a speedboat to Gili Trawangan intending to travel through to Gili Meno, one of the three series of gili or small islands in Pemenang district, North Lombok.
'In the middle of the trip, the two men went diving while their girlfriends waited on the boat. The girls waited for a long time but the divers did not surface and then they were reported missing,' Wahyu said.
'The SAR agency received the official report on Monday and we went started the search straight away.'
Local fishermen found Rasman at around noon on Monday in the coastal waters of Luk village in Kayangan district, North Lombok, some 2 nautical miles away from Gili Trawangan.
'Kalle was found alive, stuck in a fish farm along the coastal waters.' Wahyu said.
As of Tuesday afternoon, rescue workers were still looking for Kangsep.
Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air in North Lombok regency are famous for their beautiful beaches, a well-known attraction for foreign tourists. (bcw)
You might also like :
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health