The Jakarta Post ranks second on RI most popular newspapers list
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post ranked second on a list of Indonesia's most popular newspapers compiled by 4 International Media and Newspaper, as published on its website www.4imn.com.
According to a Kompas.com report, the website used three different parameters as benchmarks for the survey. It uses Alexa traffic rank, Google page rank and a search engine by the name of Majestic Seo Referring Domains to set the rankings. The site has guaranteed no intervention happened during the assessment. It was all purely based on online visits made to each newspaper's website.
The list is subject to improvement every six months.
The Post came after Kompas, which ranked first. Republika came in the third position. Ranked in fourth position was Koran Tempo, closely followed by business daily, Bisnis Indonesia.
The top five positions are all occupied by Jakarta-based newspapers. Regional newspaper Suara Merdeka, a Semarang-based newspaper, came in sixth position, closely followed by Bandung-based Pikiran Rakyat in seventh. Banda Aceh-based Serambi came in eighth.(dic)
- Agus promises Chinese-Indonesians he will uphold unity in Jakarta
- Police plane crashes in Riau Islands waters, 13 feared dead
- Indonesia sees more local Warren Buffett-style investors
- Rally ends on cautious note
- Susi receives honorary degree from Undip
- Treason suspects intended to mobilize mass to occupy House: Police
- Anti-Jokowi figures charged with treason
- Jokowi changes tune in handling rally
- Musician Ahmad Dhani released, remains suspect
- Police show strong response despite rally running peacefully