The Jakarta Post ranks second on RI most popular newspapers list
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post ranked second on a list of Indonesia's most popular newspapers compiled by 4 International Media and Newspaper, as published on its website www.4imn.com.
According to a Kompas.com report, the website used three different parameters as benchmarks for the survey. It uses Alexa traffic rank, Google page rank and a search engine by the name of Majestic Seo Referring Domains to set the rankings. The site has guaranteed no intervention happened during the assessment. It was all purely based on online visits made to each newspaper's website.
The list is subject to improvement every six months.
The Post came after Kompas, which ranked first. Republika came in the third position. Ranked in fourth position was Koran Tempo, closely followed by business daily, Bisnis Indonesia.
The top five positions are all occupied by Jakarta-based newspapers. Regional newspaper Suara Merdeka, a Semarang-based newspaper, came in sixth position, closely followed by Bandung-based Pikiran Rakyat in seventh. Banda Aceh-based Serambi came in eighth.(dic)
- Convenient confusion: Indonesia's incorporation of international law
- Indonesia up 15 places in Ease of Doing Business index
- Indonesia-Australia continue to strengthen cooperation: Bishop
- Jessica prepared for Thursday's verdict
- Govt to allow nickel ore, bauxite exports under new rules
- Leessang’s Kang Gary to leave ‘Running Man’
- Govt foils attempts to smuggle Rp 33.15b worth lobster seeds
- Jokowi set to open Interpol conference in Bali next month
- Green facility launched to promote economy, achieves climate targets
- Customs catch three vessels smuggling shallots from Malaysia