Jakarta to begin BMW Stadium construction
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Governor Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo announced the kick off of the construction of the BMW Stadium located in Papanggo subdistrict in North Jakarta on Friday. Construction will commence this month.
'The building will be erected on 30 hectares of land. To date, part of the allotted land still has to be certified by the National Land Agency (BPN),' Jokowi said on Friday as quoted by Antara news agency.
Jokowi said the BMW Stadium, in which the words BMW refers to Indonesian words Bersih Manusiawi Wibawa (Clean Human and Pride,) would replace the Lebak Bulus Stadium, where the administration would build an MRT station.
Meanwhile, Jakarta Sports Agency head Ratiyono said the Rp 1.2 trillion cost of the stadium would be covered by the Jakarta provincial budget.
'Construction is scheduled to be completed in two years. The BMW Stadium will be able to host up to 50,000 people and is designed to be of international-standard,' said Ratiyono.(meh/dic)
You might also like :
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Foreign investors allowed to own 100% shares in 25 business units
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Afghan refugees stage protest in Medan, asking to be sent to Oz, US
- Whale shark seen in Jakarta Bay
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official