Suryadharma Ali temporarily dismissed from PPP
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The United Development Party's (PPP) national leaders meeting (Rapimnas), which concluded early on Sunday, resulted in the decision to temporarily dismiss Suryadharma Ali from his position as the party's chairman.
It was said Suryadharma's dismissal was because he refused to attend the meeting, which was initiated by secretary-general Muchammad Romahurmuziy and attended by more than half of the party's executives.
'Despite our considerable efforts to communicate [with him], party chairman H.Suryadharma Ali insisted on not attending the Rapimnas. Based on that, the Rapimnas, by firmly holding to the party's constitution, has agreed to correct its sanction from 'first warning', which was decided in a party executive leaders' meeting on April 18, to the temporary dismissal of H.Suryadharma Ali as party chairman,' read part of the meeting points as signed by Lukman Hakim Saifuddin and Romahurmuziy who led the meeting, as quoted by kompas.com.
PPP deputy chairman Emron Pangkapi was assigned to replace Suryadharma.
He will be the PPP's acting chairman until a party national congress (Muktamar), which will be brought forward from its original schedule.
The congress schedule will be decided in a meeting scheduled to take place on Wednesday and led by Emron as the party's acting chairman.
At the Rapimnas, it was also decided to strengthen the results of the party executive leaders' meeting on Friday, which agreed on 11 points, including canceling the PPP-Gerindra Party coalition previously declared by Suryadharma, who said the PPP was ready to support Gerindra Party chief patron Prabowo Subianto's presidential bid.
Romahurmuziy said, however, that decisions regarding coalition-building and presidential endorsements should be made in a national leadership meeting. (idb/ebf)
You might also like :
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement