Idris Sardi dies aged 76
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian violin maestro, Idris Sardi, passed away at Meilia Hospital, Cibubur, at 7:25 a.m., on Monday. He was 76.
The information about Idris' passing was conveyed by Gerindra Party deputy chairman Fadli Zon via his Twitter account: 'May God find a good place for him in the afterlife'.
Idris Sardi is the son of M.Sardi, a violinist of the legendary orchestra RRI Studi Jakarta. He was born in Jakarta on June 7, 1939.
Idris learned to play the violin when he was only six years old. At age 10, he performed in public for the first time in Yogyakarta in 1949. His performance garnered attention due to his undoubted talent.
After his father passed away in 1953, Idris who was still 16 at the time took his father's place as the concertmaster in the RRI Studio Jakarta orchestra.
Idris was also widely known as a talented composer. He was awarded the prestigious Citra Award for best sound in several movies, namely Pengantin Remaja (Young Newlyweds) in 1971, Perkawinan (Marriage) in 1973, Cinta Pertama (First Love) in 1974, and Doea Tanda Mata (Two Mementos) in 1985.
Idris is father of actress Santi Sardi and young talented actor Lukman Sardi, from his marriage with Zerlita. After divorcing his second wife, Marini, Idris married Ratih Putri.
Idris has a student who has now become a leading Indonesian female violinist, Maylaffayza Wiguna. (ebf)
You might also like :
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Nissan’s Ghosn arrested over financial law violation
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world