Hendropriyono awarded professorship on intelligence
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Former National Intelligence Agency (BIN) chief Gen. (ret) Hendropriyono has been rewarded with a professorship in intelligence from the State Intelligence Institute (STIN) for his significant contribution to the intelligence field.
Hendropriyono, a former commando, said in his inauguration speech that intelligence officers needed a moral basis for carrying out their activities. In emergency cases, where the only rule is killed or be killed, then they had to be allowed to do whatever it took to tackle the problem.
'In times of emergency, when seeking legal assistance is out of the equation, then the public interest should be the top priority. In times like this, intelligence officers must be able to move quickly and precisely in order to save people's lives,' he said on Wednesday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The inauguration ceremony was held at the Balai Kartini auditorium in South Jakarta. Jakarta Governor Joko Widodo was among the guests in attendance.(dic)
You might also like :
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Latest list of Michelin stars in Seoul released
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teen arrested for alleged rape of young earthquake survivor
- Indonesian religious minister denounces LGBT, but calls for people’s empathy
- Rupiah projected at Rp 15,000 per US dollar in 2019 state budget
- BTS renews contract with Big Hit Entertainment