Hendropriyono awarded professorship on intelligence
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Former National Intelligence Agency (BIN) chief Gen. (ret) Hendropriyono has been rewarded with a professorship in intelligence from the State Intelligence Institute (STIN) for his significant contribution to the intelligence field.
Hendropriyono, a former commando, said in his inauguration speech that intelligence officers needed a moral basis for carrying out their activities. In emergency cases, where the only rule is killed or be killed, then they had to be allowed to do whatever it took to tackle the problem.
'In times of emergency, when seeking legal assistance is out of the equation, then the public interest should be the top priority. In times like this, intelligence officers must be able to move quickly and precisely in order to save people's lives,' he said on Wednesday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The inauguration ceremony was held at the Balai Kartini auditorium in South Jakarta. Jakarta Governor Joko Widodo was among the guests in attendance.(dic)
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Jokowi stresses tolerance at cultural congress conclusion
- TNI denies explosive use during rescue after Papua shootings
- Low deficits and fiscal prudence
- Tips to help you brew better coffee at home