Fourth Asian Dream Cup to be held in Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Retired South Korean soccer player Park Ji-sung, through his JS Foundation, will hold the fourth Asian Dream Cup, a charity soccer match on June 2 at Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, Jakarta.
The event will feature a collaboration of Korean and world soccer stars including Park's former teammate in Manchester United Rio Ferdinand, Jong Tae Se, Miura Kauyoshi, Hideyuki Ujiie as well as the cast of Korean popular reality show Running Man.
They will represent the JS and Friends team who will play a friendly match against an Indonesian All Stars team with a provisional line up comprising Bambang Pamungkas, Ponaryo Astaman, Firman Utina and many more.
All the proceeds from ticket sales, which range from Rp 75,000 (US$6) to Rp. 750,000, will go to a charity managed by the JS Foundation promoting soccer in the Southeast Asian region. Tickets for the training day on June 1 will also be on sale at Rp 1.8 million.
'Park Ji-sung will come and stay for three days in Indonesia for the Asian Dream Cup 2014,' said Park's father Park Sung-jong in a statement.
For this year's Asian Dream Cup, Park will also bring along Korean celebrities including new girl group Crayon Pop and Choi Minho of boy band SHINee.
The Asian Dream Cup has previously been held in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam in 2011; Bangkok, Thailand, in 2012 and Shanghai, in 2013.
You might also like :
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know