Jokowi to attend 'Two Finger Salute' concert
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Presidential candidate Joko "Jokowi" Widodo has promised to attend the 'Two Finger Salute' concert held at the Bung Karno Stadium in Senayan, Jakarta on Saturday.
"Since I'm in Jakarta, I will attend,' Jokowi said in Menteng, Central Jakarta on Saturday, as reported by kompas.com.
The concert has been organized by several renowned Indonesian musicians and artists, such as rock band Slank, composer Erwin Gutawa and film director Mira Lesmana, to show their support for the Jokowi-Jusuf Kalla presidential ticket.
The Jakarta Police have deployed 1,403 personnel to ensure the safety of the concert and to assist with the extra traffic due to the thousands of people who are estimated to attend.
"This is one of our duties, to secure activities that attract a lot of people," Tanah Abang Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Anom Setyadji said at the stadium on Friday.
He added that the police would be designated to three areas: Stage, VIP and those outside the concert. (fss)
You might also like :
- Me and my (porn) shadow: 'Spycam' epidemic seizes South Korea
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Four earthquakes strike off Canada's west coast
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- US mulls revoking recognition of transgender people: Report
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Trump accuses Saudis of 'lies' over Khashoggi killing
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Home of Malaysian cricket under closure threat