Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Video Weather icon 30°C
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
weather-icon
30°C Partly Cloudy

Dry and mostly cloudy throughout the day.

  • weather-icon

    Wed

    26℃ - 32℃

  • weather-icon

    Thu

    25℃ - 32℃

  • weather-icon

    Fri

    25℃ - 31℃

  • weather-icon

    Sat

    26℃ - 30℃

Telkom, Australia'€™s Telstra to form JV

  • The Jakarta Post

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta | Tue, September 2, 2014 | 06:41 am

The country'€™s biggest telecommunication operator, PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia (Telkom), signed a deal in Sydney on Friday with Australian telecommunications firm Telstra to establish a joint venture which will target the enterprise sector in Indonesia. Under the deal, Telkom will own a 51 percent stake in the joint venture, while Telstra will own the remaining 49 percent.

The venture will offer cloud and unified communications services, particularly targeting Australian companies in the country.

'€œWe are optimistic that the partnership in network application services [NAS] will grow significantly as Telstra is a world player and Telkom is the main player in the country'€™s IT and data center business,'€ Telkom president director Arief Yahya said in a statement.

Neither firm has yet revealed the value of the deal, but Telstra'€™s group executive, global enterprise and services, Brandon Riley, said that both companies would invest tens of millions of dollars to get the business ready in 2015.

'€œThis is not a capital intensive business but we are talking tens of millions over the next year,'€ Riley said as quoted by The Australian.

 

Comments