Jero Wacik to resign, acting replacement to be chosen tonight
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Following Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Jero Wacik being named a graft suspect, ministry secretary-general Teguh Pamuji said he would summon high-ranking officials to immediately discuss possible candidates for who would fill in as acting minister.
Teguh hinted that the meeting would probably start at around 6 p.m. today.
'The meeting would be led by Deputy Minister [Susilo Suswoutomo] so as to discuss the candidates that could serve as acting minister. The names of the candidates come from the president,' he was quoted as saying in his office on Wednesday by kompas.com.
When asked about Jero's whereabouts, Teguh emphasized that Jero was still in Jakarta and was preparing to go through legal proceedings. He added that Jero also intended to speed up his resignation because of his legal status as suspect.
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) on Wednesday named Jero, who is also a senior politician in President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's ruling Democratic Party, a suspect in relation to his roles in various cases of alleged graft. (fzm/dic)
You might also like :
- Obama’s Bali trip includes museum visit, rice terraces, rafting adventure
- 7-Eleven loses steam due to alcohol ban, tight margin: Business group
- Jokowi enjoys 'mudik' to Surakarta for Idul Fitri
- Men mugged with lighter in Bekasi
- As maids enjoy 'mudik,' Greater Jakarta families stay at hotels
- Medan attack perpetrators want to steal weapons for next terrorist operations: Police
- N. Jakarta officials improve data to pave way for Anies's OK-OCE program
- Incoming OJK boss visits minister before taking office
- Do not return on weekend, toll road operator tells Jakartans
- Medan Police attackers linked to IS: Police