Jero Wacik to resign, acting replacement to be chosen tonight
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Following Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Jero Wacik being named a graft suspect, ministry secretary-general Teguh Pamuji said he would summon high-ranking officials to immediately discuss possible candidates for who would fill in as acting minister.
Teguh hinted that the meeting would probably start at around 6 p.m. today.
'The meeting would be led by Deputy Minister [Susilo Suswoutomo] so as to discuss the candidates that could serve as acting minister. The names of the candidates come from the president,' he was quoted as saying in his office on Wednesday by kompas.com.
When asked about Jero's whereabouts, Teguh emphasized that Jero was still in Jakarta and was preparing to go through legal proceedings. He added that Jero also intended to speed up his resignation because of his legal status as suspect.
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) on Wednesday named Jero, who is also a senior politician in President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's ruling Democratic Party, a suspect in relation to his roles in various cases of alleged graft. (fzm/dic)
You might also like :
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- With Rp 10 billion, what kind of home can you get in Jakarta?
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals