Jero Wacik to resign, acting replacement to be chosen tonight
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Following Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Jero Wacik being named a graft suspect, ministry secretary-general Teguh Pamuji said he would summon high-ranking officials to immediately discuss possible candidates for who would fill in as acting minister.
Teguh hinted that the meeting would probably start at around 6 p.m. today.
'The meeting would be led by Deputy Minister [Susilo Suswoutomo] so as to discuss the candidates that could serve as acting minister. The names of the candidates come from the president,' he was quoted as saying in his office on Wednesday by kompas.com.
When asked about Jero's whereabouts, Teguh emphasized that Jero was still in Jakarta and was preparing to go through legal proceedings. He added that Jero also intended to speed up his resignation because of his legal status as suspect.
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) on Wednesday named Jero, who is also a senior politician in President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's ruling Democratic Party, a suspect in relation to his roles in various cases of alleged graft. (fzm/dic)
You might also like :
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- For the sake of integrity
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- A year of Anies Baswedan
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem