FPI declares Ahok's governorship illegal, inaugurates own 'governor'
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Members of the hard-line Islam Defenders Front (FPI) 'inaugurated' their choice for Jakarta governor, Fahrurozzi, during their latest protest outside the Jakarta City Council (DPRD) building against the governorship of Basuki 'Ahok' Tjahaja Purnama.
Fahrurozzi was 'sworn in' by the head of the Betawi Brotherhood Forum (FBR) and member of the Jakarta Saviors Presidium, Luthfi Hakim, who stated that Fahrurozzi, coordinator of the Jakarta Community Movement (GMJ), would begin his duties as Jakarta governor effective immediately.
'With this, the entire presidium has decided that the governor of Jakarta is Fahrurrozi Ishak,' Lutfi announced during the 'ceremony' in front of the council building on Monday as quoted by tempo.co.
Because the protestors had deemed Fahrurozzi the true governor, Luthfi insisted that Ahok no longer had the authority to govern the capital.
He called upon all Jakartans to recognize the governorship of Fahrurozzi.
'If anyone [other than Fahrurozzi] claims to be the governor of Jakarta and visits your neighborhood, you must reject him because Jakarta's true governor is now Fahrurozzi Ishak,' he said confidently. According to Tempo, approximately 200 demonstrators participated in the protest on Monday.
After the quick 'inauguration ceremony', Fahrurozzi and his supporters marched toward nearby City Hall, once again disrupting traffic with their protest. (dyl/nfo)(++++)
You might also like :
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas