#SaveKPK worldwide trending topic on Twitter
The Jakarta Post
The move by the National Police's Criminal Investigation Unit (Bareskrim) to arrest Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) deputy chairman Bambang Widjojanto has sparked widespread outrage.
The public demonstrated their support for the antigraft body through US-based social media giant Twitter on Friday.
#SaveKPK topped the Twitter trending topic not only in Indonesia but also worldwide as of 2:30 p.m on Friday.
"This is why we need a Batman in this country, where we can't trust the police anymore,' tweeted an account @mickmikov.
Another account, @PvanTuijl, tweeted 'if @jokowi_do2 does not support the KPK, Indonesia will be at risk of social unrest.'
Tweets about KPK vs POLRI, BambangWidjojanto, Bareskrim, and Cicak vs Buaya (Gecko vs Crocodile) were also in the top eight in the Twitter trending list in Indonesia from early in the day. (++++)
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Jokowi stresses tolerance at cultural congress conclusion
- TNI denies explosive use during rescue after Papua shootings
- Low deficits and fiscal prudence
- Tips to help you brew better coffee at home