#SaveKPK worldwide trending topic on Twitter
The Jakarta Post
The move by the National Police's Criminal Investigation Unit (Bareskrim) to arrest Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) deputy chairman Bambang Widjojanto has sparked widespread outrage.
The public demonstrated their support for the antigraft body through US-based social media giant Twitter on Friday.
#SaveKPK topped the Twitter trending topic not only in Indonesia but also worldwide as of 2:30 p.m on Friday.
"This is why we need a Batman in this country, where we can't trust the police anymore,' tweeted an account @mickmikov.
Another account, @PvanTuijl, tweeted 'if @jokowi_do2 does not support the KPK, Indonesia will be at risk of social unrest.'
Tweets about KPK vs POLRI, BambangWidjojanto, Bareskrim, and Cicak vs Buaya (Gecko vs Crocodile) were also in the top eight in the Twitter trending list in Indonesia from early in the day. (++++)
You might also like :
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- For the sake of integrity
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport