Hary founds own political party
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Media magnate Hary Tanoesoedibjo on Saturday launched to great fanfare a new political party called the United Indonesia Party (Perindo).
Hary said in his speech that he had decided to launch the party as part of his contribution to the nation's development.
'There are so many challenges facing the nation and Perindo is ready to fix Indonesia so that it can be better,' Hary said.
Many political bigwigs attended the launch, including Golkar Party chairman Aburizal Bakrie, People's Conscience (Hanura) Party chairman Wiranto and National Mandate Party (PAN) chairman Hatta Rajasa.
Before the launch, Perindo was a mass organization founded by Hary following his departure from the NasDem party.
Hary resigned from NasDem following a disagreement with party founder Surya Paloh, who went on to take over the party leadership in 2013.
The media mogul, who controls the Media Nusantara Citra group, also briefly joined Hanura and was Wiranto's running mate in the 2014 presidential election. (***)
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October