Wisma Kosgoro fire subdued, short circuiting possible cause
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The fire that ravaged the top floors of the Wisma Kosgoro building in Thamrin, Central Jakarta, had been fully extinguished, said firefighters, after it burned for hours since Monday night.
'I can say that the fire had been subdued and under control since 12 p.m. [on Tuesday],' Jakarta Firefighters Department head Subejo said on Tuesday as quoted by kompas.com.
Subejo noted that operational equipment such as trucks, personnel and sky-lifts have already been recalled to their headquarters.
Thirty five firefighters assisted in subduing the blaze, which roared through the building's 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th floors.
No fatalities were reported in the incident, and the Jakarta Police are still investigating the cause of the blaze.
Initial police reports state that the fire may have been caused by an electrical short-circuit on the 16th floor, but the origin of the fire has yet to be solved.
'The origin of the fire is unknown, but it may be caused by a fire at an office on the 16th floor,' Jakarta police spokesman Sr. Comr. Martinus Sitompul on Tuesday as quoted by Antara news agency.
Operations at the building were halted temporarily as a result of the blaze. (dyl/nfo)(++++)
You might also like :
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Nissan’s Ghosn arrested over financial law violation
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace