W. Java governor to be grilled over stadium project
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The police intend to question West Java Governor Ahmad Heryawan on Friday as a witness in a graft case involving the Rp 545 billion (US$41.9 million) Gedebage stadium development project in Bandung.
'The West Java governor will be questioned as a witness in the Gedebage stadium graft case,' kompas.com quoted National Police spokesman Brig. Gen. Agus Rianto as saying on Friday.
The governor was summonsed after the police grilled 11 other witnesses in the case.
Previously, National Police detective chief Gen. Budi Waseso said the construction was not in line with the specifications in its original design and a number of irregularities had been found in the building's structure.
'We suspect cuts were made to lower construction costs,' he said.
Agus said that besides the governor, two executives of a developer company and a senior provincial administration official would be also questioned.
The police have named secretary of the Bandung Spatial Planning Development Agency Yayat Ahmad Sudrajad a suspect in the case. (rms)
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Instant Noodle Longform