Bali to build floating airport
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
In addition to Ngurah Rai International Aiport in Denpasar, Bali will be home to a floating international airport that will be constructed on a beach off Kubutambahan in Buleleng.
Tribunnews.com reported on Thursday that a Canadian investor had presented the airport construction master plan to the regent of Buleleng on Wednesday.
I Made Mangku, who spoke on behalf of the Canadian investor, said that according to plan, the airport would be constructed on 1,400 hectares of reclaimed water area on the beach.
He added that the airport would have two runways. A 125-meter bridge will be also constructed to connect the airport to the mainland.
'According to the master plan, part of the beach will be reclaimed but will not be converted into an island and water will continue to float under the airport. Construction will be supported by concrete piles,' he said.
The airport construction project was estimated to absorb Rp 30 trillion and the investor had prepared 80 percent of it, he added. (rms)(+++)
You might also like :
- Jakarta shocked by deadly bombings days before Ramadhan
- Kampung Melayu suicide bomber identified
- Film inspired by 212 rally to hit cinemas
- #PrayForJakarta, #KamiTidakTakut trend worldwide following bomb blast
- Police find links between Jakarta twin bombings and Bandung bombing
- East Jakarta suicide blasts likely linked to IS: Police
- UK issues travel warning after Kampung Melayu bombings
- Jakarta bombing attack a retaliation against police: Analyst
- Pressure cooker bombs used in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- Jakarta suicide bombing kills three police officers