Singaporean dies when taking selfie in Bali
Ni Komang Erviani
The Jakarta Post
A Singaporean man died after falling off a cliff and into the sea while attempting to take a selfie photograph on Nusa Lembongan Island, off the southeast coast of Bali.
Mohamed Aslam Bin Shahul, 21, died on Thursday afternoon after falling into the ocean from a two-meter high cliff during a holiday with eight friends at the Sandi Bay Beach.
'He could not control his balance when he was hit by a wave. He slipped and fell into the ocean. He apparently couldn't swim,' said Nusa Penida Police chief Adj. Comr. Gede Arianta.
Arianta said Shahul's body was found at a depth of five-meters. Local residents brought him to Jungut Batu community health center where doctors declared him dead.
"His body has been taken to Sanglah Hospital and is scheduled to be flown to Singapore today [Friday],' he said.(++++)
You might also like :
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent